Radio Based GPS Tracker
ios & Android app
Loko operates with 2 units: The Ground unit (receiver), and the Air unit (transmitter). The Air unit transmits navigation data to the Ground unit at a pre-configured time interval, and the Ground unit transmits the received data to a smartphone app via Bluetooth. The app automatically shows the location of any Loko Air modules on a 2D map. By giving a uniqe ID to each Loko Air unit, up to 30 Air units can pair with a single Loko Ground unit.
Loko Air unit
- Navigation: 33 tracking/99 acquisition-channel GPS/GLONASS/GALILEO receiver
- Radio Frequency: Worldwide Compatibility wide frequency range EU868/US915/AU915/AS923/KR920/IN865
- Radio: LoRa, software update will support global LoRaWAN® frequency plan
- Weight: 12 gram/0.46 ounce
- Size: 30 mm wide x 23 mm high
- Battery life: +/-30 days, up to a year on a single charge, depending on the transmit interval
- Range: +5 km
- GPS Precision: ~2.5 meter radius precision
- Water Resistant: IPX7 water resistance for light rain
- Charging: 5 V USB type-C power adapter
- Phone App: Currently iPhone only, with Android version being developed. Ground unit transmits data to smartphone via Bluetooth
- Software: PC configuration software
- Auto turn on feature: Loko turns on automatically when it is powered from a USB port or on-board power source. This feature is added in case the user forgets to power on before drone flight
- Durable Enclosure: dust proof and durable hard plastic case is crash-resistant
- No Monthly Fee: No subscription required for operation
- Multiple Tracking: can track up to 30 Loko Air units at the same time
Where to use loko
Loko is a valuable outdoor tool for hikers and other backcountry explorers. A GPS can give you vital information about where you are, where you’ve been and where you want to go.
Moreover, GPS tracking is the latest type of technology to be used for tracking wildlife. With GPS tracking, scientists place a radio receiver on an animal that picks up satellite signals. The receiver can use this data to calculate where the animal is and how and where it is moving.